Wednesday, September 08, 2004

WaT a Hectic WeeKenD

Hmm... let's c... where should i start....

Friday: had our Cybrary buffet, thinkin tat i could juz sit back n relax. enjoy the food and all yet i had facial 'steamin' all nite thru... frm the time i was down at the BBQ pit, i saw tat one of the BBQ pit was already set up nicely n cooking away but den the one wif nick 'in-charge' was still merely surviving.... thus was tempted to help poor Nick start the fire... afterwhich... i was oso in doubt whether if food cooked by him were really edible. ended up... i was there again.... in front of the pit cooking n addin charcoal for the fire... my hands were so dirty tat i couldn't reply my SMSes... had to even call my 'daughter', Esther to pick up my call when my bf called... knowin tat he's tired waitin for my replies tat he decided to call n see if i was really to go home...

my poor guy has been workin all week, still need to work on Sat morn... but still, he patiently waited at home, wantin 2 send me hm aft my BBQ. Nontheless, sent Esther, Sherry, Meng Lee back b4 fetchin my cousins frm Hougang, sendin ALL of us to Bedok (it was already 11pm plus.. even FM 933 Ying Yue Ri Ji was on...) den finally gg hm to bed...
"xing ku ni le :>"

Saturday: slept at 1am tis morn aft comin back frm the BBQ n the plannin of menu for my aunt's steamboat tonite... i was up n cookin at 7am... was makin pancakes to prove myself wrong... tat i can still make e pancakes i once perfected while stayin at my uncle's place. but it seemed like failure again... den my aunt's maid suggested the use of butter instead of cookin oil... but failed too.. hmm... we were den wonderin if it's becoz of the mixture tat we failed... coz both of us haf experience makin pancakes... cant be tat both of us ain able to make ONE single pancake nw...
sigh... aft 1 hour of battle wif the consistance of mixture, different types of oil, cookin methods, n fryin pans. WE decided to SURRENDER !! MY aunt n cousins were all up already n yet breakfast ain ready.. thus my aunt suggest tat we eat at the hawker center n on the way, buy those ingredients for tonight. <> marketin was fun... missed e times when i was younger, the times where u could still c live chickens flutterin in the cages, customers choosin n arguin wif the butcher abt which wan is fatter or looked livelier for the kill...

back frm marketin... it was preparations non-stop (or rather aft a peek at e tv for half an hour)... especially thankful for my aunt's maid, Sumira ... coz she still had to cook lunch for us while i oni helped in e washin of rice n veg. I den help unpack all those stuff tat we bought frm the market n supermarket... distribute n organised those to be given to my other relatives to bring home (10 packs of veg for oni $1 !!), those to be cooked (crab !! yum yum, fish, chicken wings), n those to be DIY cooked either in the steamboat cooker or the BBQ Tray aft unpackin, lunch was ready... thus got my cousins n aunt, who was nappin to dig in... den i got hold of Sumira, told her wat are to be done first n wat r the dishes tat she's gonna cooked. after tat i went over to fetch my grandma (our grand mentor) to come over n guide us in our preparations, while my aunt went on a 2nd round of shoppin to get more stuff tat we missed out buyin durin our mornin's DA4 CAI3 GOU4 (mega buy)...

when i was back wif my grandma... i started fryin chicken wings, toufu, cookin asam sauce den slicin all the hotdogs, crabsticks, blah blah blah...... suddenly both tables in the kitchen were full of things to eat... but my aunt wasn't worried.... she said,"u n ur bf can haf the last rd n finish everything up..."

e nite passed quickly, oso wif e occassionally sneak out for him to haf a breather.... i could c tat while i was still bz in the kitchen, he was sittin alone @ e livin room... all tense n dunno wat to do.. no matter wat.. i still appriciate him for makin the trip down even though he had a long day @ work...... ;p

No comments: