Saturday, April 23, 2005

Crashed and burnt

Juz came back from a briefing as a tuition co-ordinator..

u noe... those tat are often published in the papers.... stating it home-based, earn $$ and all tat stuff... haf always wondered what the heck its all abt... juz a couple days ago.. i saw one tat was located juz 5 mins bus ride away.. den i thought... y nt... juz call up and c wat's e whole deal abt it...

so.... tis is it... u SIGN UP as a member... make use of a DATABASE full of tutors, tat they haf built up already, and wah la.... u wait for ur money to roll in... no lah.. nt so easy... u got to FIND ur own students for the tutors... and after a match, u collect 50% of the first month's tuition fee from the tutor... it so happen also tat this mangaer of the agency was a ex-teacher in Deyi... and he's so interested in roping me in after he knows i'm still at Deyi... kinda feel cheated... but as all things are... small money nt out... big money nv rolls in...

Nah... i din join them... still considering though... but NOPE I DIN PAY anything or sign anything..

Still, tis ain nothin... it was oni when I called home after realising tat I had a missed call... My dad had to tell me tat the NUS letter was HERE.... he was so excited and 'beg' to open it up... "watever... juz open lor.." i said... and my batt went flat...but in my heart i knew wat was the result...

"So, how was it?" i asked when i reached home.. my dad had to turn ard and gave me tis sad look... "Din make it, guess it's really hard to get in nowadays..."
At tat moment, it did hurt a little... disappointed i guess... for not makin it... thinkin m i tat bad in studies or is it juz becoz of the positions available were too minimal n tat NUS too strict in their requirements...
anyway... my dad asked if i was going to try again next year... i shaked my head... and said forget it.. i'm not reali tat keen on going back to studies anyway.. not nw at least... or mayb it's juz tat it's no point since i've left my chance behind... 3 years ago.. and tat chance is nv coming back again...

sigh... got to go back to packin up... and get my stuff together for my trip... :> watever it is can wait till i'm back from my trip :> i'm gonna enjoy myself first...

cherios

No comments: